A man who went to help three people, including his nephew, who had fallen down from their bike while riding triple in an inebriated condition, was beaten to death by them. Police said that the incident took place in the wee hours of Wednesday.
Police have identified the deceased as Aseem Mohammed Shah (40), a resident of Indiranagar in Khadki. The three accused—Isaq Hakeem Shah (Aseem’s nephew) and his two friends Dawood Shaikh and Vijay Vasant Shinde—were arrested.
Police said that Isaq, Dawood and Vijay were on their way back home after they consumed alcohol together. Police said that around 2 am, while they were close to the area they live, Isaq who was riding the bike lost his control and the three fell down.
- Mumbai woman creates fake FB page, posts derogatory remarks about chemist’s family
- Haryana: Seven of Kharar family killed in accident near Palwal
- Mumbai: Man gets death sentence for murder of boy
- Rejected by woman, man kills her nephew; four held
- 1992 shootout: Dawood ‘aide’ sent to police custody
- Govandi road rage: Ola driver was planning first birthday of 10-month-old son
At the same time, Aseem was also on his way home from some work and saw the three on the ground. He went to help them get up. But as he tried to lift them, he reportedly reprimanded Dawood and Vijay saying, “Why are you spoiling my nephew?”. He also reprimanded Isaq saying, “Can’t you ride the bike properly?”
Getting agitated by this, the three started beating up Aseem. They fled the spot after Aseem fell unconscious. After family members of the deceased came to know about the scuffle, they took him to hospital, where he was declared brought dead.