AS MANY as four persons were killed and seven others were injured in a road mishap, wherein a speeding truck rammed into a private company bus at Medankarwadi, near Chakan,on the Pune – Nashik road, on Wednesday night. Police have identified the deceased as Jaysingh Tukaram Solanke (22), Rakesh Ramanand Patil (25), Neerajkumar Dhaneshwar Singh (24), all residents of Medankarwadi in Khed taluka of the Pune district. One of the deceased was yet to be identified.
The Chakan police is investigating the case further. Police said that a private bus of a company in Chakan MIDC stopped in Medankarwadi for dropping its workers around 11.30 pm. A speeding truck coming from rear side lost control and rammed into the bus.
- Old Pune-Mumbai Highway: Seven die in accident near Lonavala
- Maharashtra: 6 killed, 8 injured as MUV rams into state transport bus in Nashik
- Uttar Pradesh: 17 killed, 24 injured as speeding bus overturns
- Mumbai-Agra highway 10 killed, 12 injured as minibus rams into stationary truck
- Accidents on Pune-Solapur Highway: 2 sisters die after they fall out of bus that turned turtle near Bhigwan
- Pune: 4 dead, 33 injured in state bus-truck collision on Talegaon-Chakan road
The two vehicles got damaged and also hit a few persons standing nearby. The impact was so severe that four persons lost their lives.
Police sub inspector Mahesh Mundhe told mediapersons that three of the deceased persons were employees of the company. Attempts were on to identity of the fourth deceased person, who is suspected to be a pedestrian.
Police said there were about 18 people in the private company bus. Local residents rushed to the spot and with the help of police removed the injured persons out of the bus and took them to a nearby hospital. Police said that two injured were serious. Meanwhile, the truck driver fled from the spot after the road mishap.