scorecardresearch
Follow Us:
Monday, September 27, 2021

Pune: Firefighters treated for accidental chlorine inhalation at site of gas leakage

ccording to information given by the Pimpri-Chinchwad Fire Brigade, a team of 13 firefighters were responding to a call about leakage from a tank containing chlorine gas in a mechanical industry in sector 10 of Bhosari MIDC.

By: Express News Service | Pune |
Updated: September 9, 2021 7:09:05 am
Fire Brigade officials said that after plugging the leakage from the tank, the team was given medical assistance.

THREE firefighters from Pimpri-Chinchwad Fire Brigade had to be administered primary treatment after they felt uneasy due to accidental inhalation of chlorine while responding to a gas leakage at an industrial unit in Bhosari MIDC area on Wednesday afternoon. Ten more fire-fighters were given basic medical assistance. According to information given by the Pimpri-Chinchwad Fire Brigade, a team of 13 firefighters were responding to a call about leakage from a tank containing chlorine gas in a mechanical industry in sector 10 of Bhosari MIDC.

Pimpri-Chinchwad Fire department head Kiran Gawade, who himself was on the call, said, “While responding to the call at the premises of the industrial unit, three from the team of 13 firefighters felt minor discomfort due to accidental inhalation of chlorine. They had to be administered primary treatment. Ten others, including me, were given medical assistance.”

Fire Brigade officials said that after plugging the leakage from the tank, the team was given medical assistance.

📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines

For all the latest Pune News, download Indian Express App.

  • The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement