A major fire erupted at a packaging unit in Bhosari MIDC area in the early hours of Sunday. Though no casualties were reported, the intensity of the fire was so high that till 7 pm in the evening, the fire brigade was still making efforts to control it.
As per the information given by the fire brigade of Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation, their control room received a call at 2.21 am about a fire at Radheshyam Wellpack Packaging company. The fire had immediately spread to the storage area which houses stacks of packaging material like paper, plastic and cardboard roles.
- No ventilation, defunct sprinklers, blocked staircases: Probe report
- Portion of the blaze at Kolkata’s Bagri market doused, fire tenders continue operation
- J-K: Massive fire breaks out at hotel in Srinagar
- Mumbai: Fire at RTO; documents, computers gutted
- Fire in Delhi’s Malviya Nagar rages for over 16 hours: Ten things you should know
- Pune: 30 scrap shops, warehouses gutted in major fire
Duty officer at PCMC fire brigade control room said, “The intensity of the fire was very high. Initially, 10 fire tenders were pressed into action and several water tankers were sent as additional supply. Even hours of operation, till 7 pm on Sunday evening, efforts were still on to completely cool down all the areas and control the fire.”