To celebrate the diamond jubilee of the 20 Squadron of Indian Air Force located in Pune, a father-son duo of serving IAF officers took a sortie together in a Sukhoi-30 MKi fighter jet at Lohegaon Air Force base. The squadron celebrated its diamond jubilee on June 3 at the air base.
- IAF vice chief accidentally shoots himself in thigh, stable
- Chandigarh loses war hero Air Marshal Randhir Singh who also fought for civic amenities
- IAF Chief B S Dhanoa backs Rafale deal: ‘Need to match our adversaries’
- Indian Air Force’s MiG 27 plane crashes near Rajasthan’s Jodhpur
- Its official: Sachin,Dhoni to take off on Sukhois
- IAF pilot killed in Sukhoi crash near Jaisalmer
On the occasion, Air Marshal SB Deo, Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Western Air Command, and a 20 Squadron veteran himself, flew a Su-30 MKI sortie with his son Squadron Leader Karan Deo, who is presently posted to the same squadron.
Air Force officials said that it is a matter of great pride for two generations of pilots to have flown a Su-30 sortie together on the momentous occasion of 60 years of the squadron’s existence.