A farmer, who recently received a loan recovery notice, was found dead in his farm in Kazad village in Indapur taluka of Pune district on Thursday morning.
A case of accidental death has been registered at the Walchandnagar police station. Police have identified the deceased as Namdev Lakshman Zagade (55), resident of Shindewadi in Kazad village.
Police are probing whether he committed suicide due to debt or was there any other reason behind his death. Police said there was no suicide note left behind by the deceased. Also, during primary investigation, police said they got nothing that suggested he committed suicide.
- Senior citizen found dead at Cuffe Parade home, police suspect suicide
- Mumbai: 14-year-old jumps to death from 8th floor of high-rise
- Vajipur: Suspected to be robbers, two tribals beaten to death
- Gujarat: Under-debt, farmer commits suicide over ‘crop failure’
- Ludhiana: Farmer commits suicide, family says he was under debt
- Maharashtra: Stockbroker jumps to death in Tardeo
Police said that Namdev went to his farm for watering the field around 10.30 pm on Wednesday. He was found dead in the farm around 9 am on Thursday. A villager, Shahji Kuldip Zagade, saw him lying unconscious in the farm and informed his family and later the police.
On receiving information, a team of Walchandnagar police station, led by inspector S D Patil, rushed to the spot for investigation.
“We got to know that he had taken a loan and received a notice recently for recovery of the amount. But, it is not sure whether he committed suicide due to the debt. The postmortem of the body has been done. The viscera has been preserved for chemical analysis. The cause behind the death would be known after receiving the report of chemical analysis,” said inspector Patil.