The Defence Institute of Advance Technology (DIAT), a deemed university under DRDO, and Oriental Rubber Industries Pvt Limited, signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for establishing an incubation centre to develop new defence products. The MoU was signed by Cmde (Retd) AK Sinha, registrar, DIAT, and HP Srivastava, Head, HR & Commercial of Oriental, in presence of Dr S Pal, V-C, DIAT; Vikram Makar, CMD; and Vishal Makar, MD, Oriental.
- Modi-Putin summit: List of eight pacts signed between India and Russia
- India, Russia ink S-400 defence deal, sign eight pacts at annual bilateral summit; US gives guarded response
- ISRO Technology Incubation Centre inaugurated at NIT Agartala
- DIAT to start diploma in Fire Engineering and Integrated Safety Management
- In 6 months,nanotechnology centre at defence institute
- To focus on basic science,DIAT joins hands with Russian Academy of Sciences
The MoU broadly covers exchange of students/employees for training/higher education, joint research and development in applied futuristic areas of science and technology, development of products/process and research in polymer composites with nano fillers, said an Oriental release.
WATCH INDIAN EXPRESS VIDEOS HERE
The MOU also provides for establishing an incubation centre to help development of new products for defence, as import substitute or otherwise. The incubation centre would be established at the DIAT campus to take forward the Make In India programme and would be named Diat-Oriental Incubation Centre, the release added.