A 21-year-old third-year engineering student, who was also working part-time for a private company, was killed and his friend was injured after the bike they were riding was hit by an unidentified car on the Mumbai-Bangalore Highway near Vadgaon bridge in the early hours of Monday.
Sinhagad Road police have identified the deceased as Truptesh Shrikat Jadhav, a resident of Prathamesh Nagari in Anandnagar. His friend, Shreyas Yeolekar, who was riding pillion with him, has been injured in the accident which took place around 12.30 am when the two were on their way home after meeting some friends.
- Mumbai: Pillion rider dies after truck hits bike
- Two killed, five injured in separate accidents in Mohali district
- ‘Seven dead as landslide hits two vehicles in JK’s Kishtwar’
- Gujarat: Kanwariya killed by speeding trailer, protests on highway
- Mumbai: Two youths killed in accident on Western Express Highway
- Pune: 3 two-wheeler riders among 5 dead in separate accidents
Police Sub-Inspector B B Pingale of Sinhagad Road police station, who is investigating the case, said, “The unidentified vehicle hit the bike from behind. The two fell down and Truptesh hit the ground hard, resulting in severe injuries.”
The two were taken to a nearby hospital, where Truptesh was declared dead. Shreyas is still under treatment.
Pingale said, “Yeolekar has filed a complaint with us. No one could see the registration number of the car. We are working on some clues and also checking the security cameras in the area.”
Staff from the Sinhagad police station did not have information on which engineering college Truptesh was studying.