A 16-year-old girl student allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself from the ceiling of her residence in Rambag colony in Kothrud on Friday evening. Police have identified the deceased as Poonam Dhokale.
The police said Poonam was a student of first-year diploma in engineering at the Eklavya polytechnic college in Kothrud.
Primary investigation by the police has revealed that Poonam failed in all subjects of the engineering examination.
- Class XII student livestreamed suicide on Facebook: Police
- Class XII student live streamed suicide on Facebook: Police
- CBSE Class 10 results in, three student suicides in Delhi
- Delhi: Upset over scoring 70% in CBSE board, class 10 girl from Ryan International commits suicide
- Gurgaon: Girl who took Class XII exams kills self
- Haryana: Hours after gangrape, Class XII student hangs herself
As a result, she was frustrated. Her father works at the Katraj dairy. When her parents were out of the house, she asked her brother to leave the place and then hanged herself.
Police said that her family received a severe shock due to her death and her father was admitted to hospital for treatment.
The police said no suicide note was found.