- Asian Games 2018 Day 3 Shooting Live scores Live streaming: Gold for Saurabh Chaudhury, bronze for Abhishek Verma in Men's 50m Air Pistol
- Asian Games 2018 Day 3 Live updates Live streaming: Gold and bronze for India in Men's 50m Air Pistol
- It is work and play for Salman Khan on the sets of Bharat in Malta
Vivek Velankar, president of Sajag Grahak Manch, a consumer organisation has hit out against the proposed tariff hike by Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Limited and said it was unwarranted.
The proposed increase in fixed charges in domestic consumers category by 100 per cent is unjust apart from the rise in charges on express feeders.
The increase in fixed charges and energy charges for streetlights is also unfair as the concerned local self-government authorities will pass on these hikes to common consumers.
The distribution losses incurred by the MSEDCL has been at the rate of 18 per cent which is above the national standard (15 per cent).
- Consumer forums: Tariff hike sought by state power body unfair
- Maharashtra: State regulatory commission allows marginal rise in power tariff
- Public hearing on power tariff hike proposal today
- MSEDCL proposes power tariff hike
- Industry,activists oppose proposed power tariff hike
- Power tariff hike: hearing on May 19
Velankar pointed out that consumers have been forced to pay for the inefficiencies of the MSEDCL and the distribution loss level should be fixed at 10 per cent and the tariff should be based on this.