A speeding car rammed into a flex board on the side of Bopdev Ghat Road at Yelawadi, leading to the death of its driver, in Kondhwa around 3 am on Thursday.
Police have identified the deceased as Aniket Jagdish Kodgirvar (28), a resident of Nanded city.
Police said that Aniket was driving his car at a high speed. He lost control of the steering due to which the car collided with a flex board on the roadside.
- One dead as car rams divider at Gurgaon underpass
- Three-year-old girl among three dead in accident on Pune-Pandharpur Road
- Engineering student dies in car crash
- Three RJD leaders returning from Tej Pratap’s wedding killed in accident
- Mumbai: Speeding bike hits divider, rider & friend die
- Pune: Minor riding bicycle dies after collision
The impact was so severe that Aniket died immediately. Police sub inspector B Y Raut of Kondhwa police station is investigating the case.
Meanwhile, a dumper knocked down a two-wheeler rider under the flyover in Wadgaon Dhayari around 10 am on Friday.
The rider, identified as Madhukar Todkar (45), resident of Yashgang society on Dhayari Phata, died in the mishap.