In a move that will prove beneficial to HSC (Class XII) students who fail to clear their papers in the first attempt, the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education (MSBSHSE) issued a statement on Friday that the supplementary exams will be held in July instead of September-October as each year. While the decision to hold the re-exams earlier was announced by Education Minister Vinod Tawde months ago, the official date announcement was made now.
It was last year, when the minister first announced that SSC and HSC supplementary exams would be done by July to ensure students do not miss out an academic year. Following the announcement, the supplementary exams for SSC (Class X) were taken in the month of July itself. However, owing to paucity of time for preparation, the decision could not be implemented for Class XII and this is the first academic year when repeaters and students with ATKT will get the opportunity to take re-exam in July-August.
- Maharashtra SSC exams 2019: Timetable released, exams from March 1
- Maharashtra 10th supplementary Result 2018 Highlights: Answer key revaluation begins
- Maharashtra SSC supplementary results 2018 declared at mahresult.nic.in
- Maharashtra HSC 12th supplementary result 2018 HIGHLIGHTS: Websites to check results, know how
- Maharashtra Board 12th supplementary result 2018 declared, check at mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE SSC supplementary exam 2016: Results declared
Besides this, SSC students who fail the exams will also be appear for re-exams in July-August itself.
Gangadhar Mhamane, chairman of MSBSHSE said that the re-exam experiment proved extremely successful for SSC students last year. “Of the 1.39 lakh students who appeared for the SSC re-exam in July last year, nearly 35,000 passed. It meant that students got a chance to secure admission to junior colleges in the same academic year. We hope that this year, many HSC students who fail exams will take benefit of this facility and clear their papers,” he said.
Mhamane added that students should note that no supplementary exams will be held in September-October and from this year onwards, they would be held in July-August. “Once the results are announced, we will give the schedule for supplementary exams and forms will also be made available,” he added.