March 15, 2009 11:25:45 pm
Pawan Auto,a shop and godown of automobile spare parts in Nana Peth caught fire around 4.20 pm on Saturday. On receiving the information from a local resident,the fire brigade rushed to the spot. Seven fire tenders and two water tankers were pressed into action. Fire was eliminated and the situation was brought under control by 5.30 pm. The reason behind the fire was not known. Nobody was injured as the shop was closed when the incident took place. According to sources in the fire department,the shop was located on the ground and first floor of an old building with mostly wooden structures. Due to this,the fire spread quickly,causing major property damage. Many automobile spare parts in the godown turned into ashes. The shop owner Pavandeep Singh has filed a report in this regard with the Nana Peth police.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.