scorecardresearch
Follow Us:
Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Pune: Fire breaks out at ground floor of SCERT building, no casualties

Officials from Pune Fire Brigade said that the fire was reported around 1.45 pm on the ground floor of the SCERT building located on Kumthekar Road in Sadashiv Peth area of Pune.

Written by Sushant Kulkarni | Pune |
Updated: March 30, 2021 6:18:08 pm
A lot of out-of-use wooden and metal furniture was gutted in the fire. (Express photo)

A fire was reported on the premises of Maharashtra State Council of Education Research and Training (SCERT) on Tuesday afternoon.

Officials from Pune Fire Brigade said that the fire was reported around 1.45 pm on the ground floor of the SCERT building located on Kumthekar Road in Sadashiv Peth area of Pune.

Fire station officer Sunil Naiknavre said, “On the ground floor of the building, a lot of out-of-use wooden and metal furniture was stored. A large chunk of this material caught fire, possibly due to a short circuit in a switchboard installed on one corner of the space. We brought the fire under control in 15 minutes using three fire tenders. No casualties were reported in the incident.”

– Stay updated with the latest Pune news. Follow Express Pune on Twitter here and on Facebook here. You can also join our Express Pune Telegram channel here.

📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines

For all the latest Pune News, download Indian Express App.

  • The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
x