DAYS after an ‘informal interaction’ at Fergusson College snowballed into a national issue, Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU) Vice-Chancellor Vasudeo Gade has issued an appeal requesting the students, teachers and others to be careful while conducting any activity so as not to ‘disturb the peace of educational institutions’.
“Creation of knowledge and spread of brotherhood are among the main objectives of educational campuses. While treading on this path, various talks, debates and symposiums are organised. However, such events should be organised in a cordial and peaceful environment. It’s also important that laws are obeyed and nothing is done that may affect the unity and integrity of the society,” said Gade in the appeal.
- Major changes and challenges ahead for two of Pune’s premier educational institutions
- Pune: Not website, webmail hacked, says V-C; SPPU may conduct re-exams in 4 colleges
- Pune: Students from three colleges form forum to invite Kanhaiya
- SPPU appoints committee to form college trip norms
- Pune: For first time, industry figure to head skill development at SPPU
- V-C’s special Diwali for students from drought-hit areas in state
He went on to remind those concerned of the 67 years of ‘glorious history’ of the University and appealed them not to do anything that may violate the credit earned by it.
“Everyone should make sure that nothing should be done that may vitiate the environment of goodwill and cordiality at the University campus, affiliated colleges and recognised institutions,” wrote Gade.