Dastur Junior College issued notice for denying admissionhttps://indianexpress.com/article/cities/pune/dastur-junior-college-issued-notice-for-denying-admission-2/

Dastur Junior College issued notice for denying admission

CAP committee officials said the sixth round of admissions was finally over and no more rounds would be taken for FYJC admissions.

Acting on the complaint of parents that Sardar Dastur Junior College management refused to give FYJC students admissions
despite the fact that they were allotted seats under the sixth counselling round by the Centralised Admission Process (CAP), the deputy director of education (Pune) has issued a show cause notice to the junior college.

Speaking to Pune Newsline, deputy director Ramchandra Jadhav confirmed that the notice was issued on Thursday based on complaints received from several parents including from a student, Shubhangi Balaji Patil.

“The parents said that they were not given admissions despite having got it through CAP round. Also, they complained that the college was not even letting them inside the campus. We have asked the college to immediately admit all students allotted seats under CAP round and send us their explanation on why they behaved in this manner with parents,” said Jadhav.

[related-post]

Meanwhile, one of the more serious complaints was filed by a student, Shubhangi Balaji Patil and her parents, saying that they approached the college first on August 26 after she was allotted admission at the junior college through the sixth counselling round. “Here, she was given a bank challan and was asked to pay the fees. But when she approached the bank, they said that the college had asked not to take the fees.

Advertising

When we went back to the college they said admissions are over and no seat would be given despite the fact that the girl got admission through CAP process,” said the girl’s father. He claimed that the next day when he went to meet the principal, she said all seats are full and if they pursue the matter further she will call the police.

In his notice, the deputy director has asked for an explanation on why the school threatened parents with police action. Despite repeated attempts, principal Savitha Kamthe was not available for comment. However, Minakshi Raut, education officer said that on Thursday morning members of the school management did meet with her.

“The college had a specific in-house and management quota. The norm was that colleges were to update details online and submit the remaining quota at the end of the second round which they didn’t do. As a result, those seats appeared empty and automatically the remaining quota seats were added to our online CAP process. We thought the seats were vacant and allotted seats to students in sixth round whereas the college had already filled the seats. Yesterday, they came to complain that nearly 22 seats have been allotted extra and they are unable to take the students. And they even said that students and parents are creating a ruckus since the online system has given admissions, which they are now demanding, but college has no seats,” said Raut.

Meanwhile CAP committee officials said the sixth round of admissions was finally over and no more rounds would be taken for FYJC admissions. “At least 200 students are remaining and we will finish off their admissions on Monday. As for those students who passed SSC supplementary exams and have freshly qualified for FYJC, we have called for a CAP committee meeting on Monday and will decide on the admission process for them,” said Jadhav.