scorecardresearch
Follow Us:
Saturday, September 18, 2021

Construction without permission: Builder to cough up Rs 50 lakh fine

The Pimpri-Chinchwad Municipal Corporation has decided to impose a fine of Rs 50 lakh on Vikrant Developers that constructed four extra floors without permission at its Pimple Nilakh project.

Written by MANOJ MORE | Pune |
May 26, 2010 4:19:41 am

The Pimpri-Chinchwad Municipal Corporation (PCMC) has decided to impose a fine of Rs 50 lakh on Vikrant Developers that constructed four extra floors without permission at its Pimple Nilakh project. The project ran into controversy last week after allegations surfaced that it was constructed by changing the course of a nullah and pushing a floodline inside.

PCMC deputy engineer Vasant Kachi said the builder was granted permission for constructing eight floors 2007. “However,it has been found that four floors of the three buildings of Midori Towers were constructed without permission,” he said. Kachi said the PCMC will impose a compounding fees on the builder to regularise the project as demanded by him. “He had submitted his transfer of development rights (TDR) plan for the extra floors. If a TDR file is pending with us and a builder constructs illegal floors,he can get it regularised by paying a compound fees. Here,the builder faces a fine of over Rs 50 lakh,20 per cent of the project cost,” he said.

Mayor Yogesh Behl said the builder will be fined for constructing four extra floors and added,“I will start the investigation after I get all the documents.”

Avinash Gaikwad,director of Vikrant Developers,said he will pay the fine. “My TDR was pending with the civic body and hence I constructed the extra floors,” he said. PCMC officials said the builder cannot sell the extra 36 flats till they are regularised.

The project ran into controversy after Sena corporator Seema Savle produced documents procured under RTI showing that the project was accommodated by pushing floodline inside,changing the course of a nullah. “The floodline has been changed as the builder is a relative of a former top irrigation official,” alleged Savle in a letter to the CM and the Municipal Commissioner. Gaikwad said no floodline has been changed. “I had submitted the proposal in 2006-2007 and the floodline was marked in 2009,” he said. Regarding the nullah,he said,“The PCMC is doing storm water treatment work and I will pay whatever is needed.”

📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines

For all the latest Pune News, download Indian Express App.

  • The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement