scorecardresearch
Follow Us:
Wednesday, June 29, 2022

100 APMCs set to go online

As part of the Central Government’s Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana (RKVY),about 100 Agriculture Produce Marketing Committees (APMCs) in the state will now go online.

Written by Express News Service | Pune |
October 27, 2011 3:48:22 am

As part of the Central Government’s Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana (RKVY),about 100 Agriculture Produce Marketing Committees (APMCs) in the state will now go online.

According to the officials of the Maharashtra State Agriculture Marketing Board (MSAMB),the project will take two years for completion. For implementation of the project Rs 44.5 crore has been earmarked for infrastructure development and Rs 13.8 crore for maintenance for first three years. Rs 20 crore has also been sanctioned for the year 2011-12 for the project.

MSAMB officials said after the completion of the project the information about arrivals of produce in the market will be immediately put online. The auctions and selling produce will take place online,making the process more transparent and would help farmers to get the fair price.

For the 100 APMCs that will go online,complete computerisation is a pre-condition. For this the MSAMB would bear the 75 per cent expense while remaining 25 per cent would have to be contributed by the concerned APMC.

Best of Express Premium
Akhilesh in eye of Azamgarh, Rampur storm as SP leaders, ally flag no-showPremium
Abroad, Jacinda Ardern is a star. At home, she is losing her shinePremium
Udaipur tailor killed: Victim sought police cover, pointed to threats aft...Premium
Explained: Speaker’s powers in a rebellionPremium

“A state level database will be prepared which will be stored at a central server at the marketing board. A special software that would be required for such a system is being developed,” said Kishor Toshinwal,managing director,MSAMB.

Express Subscription Do not hit the wall. Get an Express subscription to access our award-winning journalism.

📣 Join our Telegram channel (The Indian Express) for the latest news and updates

For all the latest Pune News, download Indian Express App.

  • Newsguard
  • The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.
  • Newsguard
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement