Follow Us:
Thursday, July 19, 2018

Uncle seeks fund for 6-month-old’s surgery

Over a month after a gas stove blast had killed the parents of a six-month-old girl from Satara

Written by Tabassum Barnagarwala | Mumbai | Published: August 7, 2013 12:43:49 am

Over a month after a gas stove blast had killed the parents of a six-month-old girl from Satara,the baby is now recuperating in Masina Hospital in Byculla. Sanskruti Jadhav,whose face was charred after suffering thrid degree burn injuries,is set to undergo a plastic surgery. However,her family’s poor financial condition stands as a hurdle.

Sanskruti’s uncle Mangesh Jadhav said,“We are trying to get donations for Sanskruti’s surgery. The cost is too high for us to afford. We cannot proceed until we collect the amount of money required for the surgery.” Mangesh has opened an account in the victim’s grandmother’s name and is trying to reach out to people for donations.

The six-month-old,who was admitted to Satara’s civil hospital for a month,was transferred to Masina Hospital Monday. A nurse working at Masina Hospital said Sanskruti had burns on her face and lower half of her body. “The baby’s condition is stable. She is a little weak and has low haemoglobin count. The total burns have reduced to 20 percent with only 4-5 percent third degree burns,” the nurse said.

On July 7,Sanskruti’s mother Vaishali Jadhav (27) was lighting a stove when kerosene fell on her sari. A blast occured once she lighted the stove and her sari caught fire. As Vaishali panicked,a burning piece of her sari fell on Sanskruti. Vaishali’s husband Machindra Jadhav (32) rushed to the rescue but his clothes too caught fire. While Vaishali died the same day,Machindra died five days later. The couple’s three-year-old son however escaped unhurt.

For all the latest Mumbai News, download Indian Express App