The state government has set aside Rs 100 crore for the Chhatrapati Shivaji Memorial on the Arabian Sea in Mumbai and allocated Rs 5 crore for memorials of the warrior king in other states.
The budget 2016-17 says, “Shivaji memorials are being built in various states where he had visited as the warrior king. The state will contribute Rs 5 crore for such memorials outside Maharashtra.”
- Shivaji memorial: Maharashtra govt gets MoEF nod for 210 m statue, wants to increase its height by 2 m
- Ambedkar memorial to be completed by 2020, says CM Devendra Fadnavis
- CM Fadnavis approves infra projects worth Rs 1,812-crore for Nagpur, Rs 2,595-crore for Pune
- State fiscal outlook worsens, debt to cross Rs 4.61 lakh crore
- Shivaji statue in Arabian Sea to be tallest in world, says CM Devendra Fadnavis
- Work on Shivaji memorial will start before monsoon, says Devendra Fadnavis
A scheme titled Ambedkar Krushi Swawlambhan Yojna to make Dalit farmers self reliant has been launched, and Rs 170 crore proposed for various programmes for “equality and social justice” in memory of B R Ambedkar on his 125th centenary year.
The government has decided to create public awareness about socio-political life of Lokmanya Tilak and has allocated Rs 5 crore through 41,328 ganesh mandals to carry Tilak’s message and his contribution through ganesh utsav started by him to unite the masses and inspire them to fight the British rulers. The late Bal Thackeray Smruti Matoshree Grampanchayat and Mahila Samakshikaram Abhiyan was announced with an outlay of Rs 1 crore and an auditorium in honour of late NCP leader R R Patil for which Rs 5 crore have been kept.