The Shiv Sena on Wednesday strongly criticised NCP chief Sharad Pawar, saying as Pawar doesn’t have any constructive work, he is indulging in “time-pass,” referring to the leader’s prediction of a split in the BJP-Shiv Sena alliance.
The party, in an editorial in its mouthpiece Saamana, said Pawar was unable to digest the fact that the BJP-Shiv Sena alliance was doing well in Maharashtra and is hence resorting to cracking jokes.
- People will defeat BJP-RSS agenda to change Constitution: NCP chief Sharad Pawar
- BJP, Shiv Sena, MNS have a common enemy — Sharad Pawar
- Shiv Sena: Sharad Pawar’s politics is dangerous
- Sharad Pawar’s politics dangerous, disrupting society’s harmony, says Shiv Sena
- Shiv Sena, MNS cannot become part of secular front, says Congress
- Congress, NCP to work on broader alliance of secular forces
“Pawar doesn’t have any major work these days, so he is doing time-pass. If the makers of the recently-released Marathi movie ‘Timepass 2’ want to produce a ‘Timepass 3,’ they should speak to Pawar. They will get good material,” the editorial said.
“Whatever Pawar says, one should always assume the opposite. If Pawar is saying the BJP-Shiv Sena alliance will split before the Mumbai civic polls, it means there is no threat to the alliance,” the editorial said.