The Shiv Sena is now seeking removal of Pakistani players from the Pro Kabaddi League beginning July 18. The Sena led a protest march to the office of television channel Star Sports, organiser of the event, and asked it to refrain from including Pakistani players in the league.
“They are killing our soldiers on the border and we are allowing their citizens to take part in tournaments here. We have told the channel that we will not allow the event to take place in the state if it does not exclude Pakistani players from the event,” Shiv Sena leader Ashish Chemburkar said.
Three players from Pakistan had taken part in the league last year. A similar number are expected to take part in the competition this year too.
Chemburkar added that the party would wait until July 18 to see what steps were being taken by the organisers. “We will launch a Sena-style protest if they continue to play in the tournament,” he said.
Recently, the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena had succeeded in stopping the screening of Pakistani movie ‘Bin Roye’ in Maharashtra.
The MNS had written to the distributor of the film asking him to refrain from releasing the movie in Maharashtra.