- Rahul Gandhi seeks PM Modi’s support to ensure safe passage of Women’s Reservation Bill
- Top news LIVE updates: Modi hopes Bengal govt will ‘work’ for farmers, inflation shoots up to 5.77% in June
- Narendra Modi in West Bengal LIVE updates: There is ‘murder your opponents’ syndicate operating in Bengal, says PM
- Maharashtra: Shiv Sena slams BJP over ‘poisonous’ Nanar project
- Shiv Sena will win power in Maharashtra in next elections, says Uddhav Thackeray
- In Shiv Sena vs BJP new round, a refinery and a crucial region
- Won’t allow projects in Konkan: Uddhav Thackeray
- Will revoke land notification, claims Sena minister; CM Fadnavis says not govt’s decision
- Jaitapur nuclear power project: No question of rethink, Centre to Maharashtra
The Shiv Sena delegates said the nuclear power plant posed a danger to lives and the region which lies in seismic zone 3.
Sena president Uddhav Thackeray has been leading the agitation against the nuclear plant for several years. Sena youth wing leader Aaditya also joined the campaign opposing the Jaitapur plant.
In his tweet, he said, “All the developing countries like Germany, Japan and Switzerland are opposed to nuclear power plants. Why is it being accepted in India?”