January 5, 2012 1:10:29 am
Former Miss India-turned-actor Sayali Bhagat has moved the Bombay High Court seeking the cancellation of the bail granted to the owner of a public relations firm which had formerly represented her.
Bhagat,in her petition,has stated that Anant Narayan (25),whom she met in July 2011,had obtained bail from the sessions court without notices being issued to either the Cyber Police Station in Bandra-Kurla Complex or Bhagat who had lodged a complaint against him.
Bhagat had lodged a complaint against Narayan under sections of the Information Technology Act,2000,after he allegedly issued a press release on her behalf on October 24 last year providing defamatory and false information. Bhagat has claimed in her petition that Narayans company Crème Talent Management had circulated the press release in the media,stating that Bhagat had faced prolonged sexual harassment in the film industry and was hence,quitting the industry to pursue a modelling career in Milan. It had also named some well-known Bollywood personalities,alleging they were involved.
Bhagat said she had issued a clarification after she got calls from various media houses about the press release. She said that the information was completely false and not issued with her consent. However,the press release allegedly issued by Narayan had multiplied on the Internet by then.
Best of Express Premium
Narayan,in an affidavit filed in reply to Bhagats petition,had stated that he was illegally detained by the police even when the sections he was booked under were bailable. He said the sessions courts order granting him bail is not flawed.
Additional public prosecutor Geeta Mulekar said the court was likely to pass an order in the case on Friday.
📣 Join our Telegram channel (The Indian Express) for the latest news and updates
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.