Gadchiroli police have arrested a prominent Naxal cadre from Chhattisgarh, at Wardha Saturday.
Rasul alias Anil Sori, said to be commander of Bayanaar dalam operating in Kondagaon and Narayanpur districts had got himself admitted to Kasturba hospital at Sevagram for treatment of hernia Thursday evening.
“On receiving inputs from informants, I asked Wardha police to keep guard at the hospital. Earlier, we suspected him to be Deepak alias Mangal Singh, commander of Malanjkhand dalam of Madhya Pradesh. But, when the police interrogated him after the surgery, he revealed his identity as Anil Sori,” said Inspector general of Police Ravindra Kadam.
- Maoists will finish the adivasi… Revolution difficult because recruitment is down: Maoist leader Pahad Singh
- Gadchiroli: Two tribals killed by ‘Naxals’
- Senior Maoist leader surrenders in Chhattisgarh
- Soni Sori questions Chhattisgarh encounter, police call it above board
- Maharashtra: In biggest ever operation, police in Gadchiroli gun down 16 Maoists
- Naxals trying to make inroads into tiger reserve area: cops
Two persons accompanying Sori to the hospital, where he allegedly got himself registered by a different name, were also arrested by Gadchiroli police, who later reached Wardha.
“He had first come to Nelgonda in Gadchiroli where he was camping for three days before going to Wardha,” Kadam added.