Information received through the Right to Information Act indicates that the BMC spent more than Rs 1 crore on the renovation of the Malabar Hill bungalow allotted to Additional Municipal Commissioner Sanjay Mukherjee.
Activist Anil Galgali, who filed the RTI application, wrote to municipal chief Ajoy Mehta Monday and demanded a probe into the expenditure.
- Mumbai: Corporators hit out at BMC over failure to acquire Jogeshwari plot
- Modi govt has spent Rs 4,343 crore on publicity, RTI reveals
- Mumbai: Review panel extended suspension of 12 BMC officials, reveals RTI
- BMC chief pulls the plug on post-retirement jobs
- RTI Reply: Mantralaya officials spent Rs 4.66 lakh on bottled water in five months
- State spent Rs 7 crore on Adarsh panel
Despite several attempts, Mukherjee could not be reached for comment. An official from the hydraulic engineering department, however, said “there is no misuse of funds”.