The school principal who allegedly molested a six-year-old student of his school was remanded to judicial custody by a magistrate court on Tuesday.
The principal was arrested last week after the six-year-old victim’s mother approached the MIDC police alleging that the principal had touched her son inappropriately at the school toilet on August 31.
Senior inspector of MIDC police station R Mandge said, “The Magistrate’s court remanded the principal to judicial custody till September 28.”
- Madhya Pradesh: 8-year-old fights for life after gangrape, protests spread across Mandsaur
- One minor raped at school for hearing, speech impaired in Maharashtra; probe on: police
- School for hearing, speech impaired: Couple arrested for ‘hushing up’ sexual assault on minor girls
- Kolkata sexual assault: Case against principal, father of four-year old calls for her arrest
- Principal held for ‘sexual assault’ faces stringent charges
- Andheri School Case: Principal had molested my son earlier too, boy’s mother tells cops
The principal, who was arrested on Friday, had been in MIDC police custody till Tuesday.
The police had on Sunday recorded the statement of the victim’s mother for the second time.
In this statement, she alleged that in addition to the molestation on August 31, the principal had molested the boy twice in the past.
The police also added the more stringent section 9 (f) of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act to the charges against the principal.