A 32-year-old woman was arrested on Sunday for allegedly kidnapping a six-year-old boy in Saki Naka, after an argument with his father, with whom she was in an extra-marital relationship, said the police.
The police said that for the past ten years, the accused, Sheela alias Supriya Shinde, was in a relationship with a 40-year-old man living in Prabhat Wadi, Saki Naka. There had been a strain in the couple’s relations in the past few days, the police said, leading to a argument on Sunday afternoon. “The man visited Shinde’s house at 1.30 pm and had an argument with her. When he left, Shinde decided to teach him a lesson,” said Avinash Dharmadhikari, senior inspector, Saki Naka police station.
- Mumbai: CEO of firm that duped investors may be in Nepal, say cops
- Day after cop’s son arrested for ‘rape and assault’, two more held
- Mumbai: Man arrested for trying to kidnap three-year-old girl
- Thane: Man arrested for kidnapping 8-year-old
- Four-year-old from Delhi abducted by couple, rescued from Nepal
- Ludhiana: Kidnapped for ‘human sacrifice’, 2-year-old child recovered
Shinde walked to the man’s home and snatched his son. A few minutes later, when the man returned home, he found his son missing and immediately suspected Shinde to be responsible. Dharmadhikari said the man phoned Shinde and demanded to know if she had kidnapped his son. “Shinde denied it. When the man threatened to approach the police, Shinde told him to do what he wanted to,” he said.
The man then registered a police complaint and several teams spread out to search the boy. Police also scanned CCTV footage and found “the boy walking down the road holding the hand of a woman whose face is covered in a scarf”. The police then went to Shinde’s house to confront her with the video footage. Initially, she denied having kidnapped the boy but later confessed. The kid has been rescued and the woman arrested.