- India vs England 3rd Test Day 4 Live Cricket Score Streaming, Ind vs Eng Live Score: England 173/4 at Tea, need 347 runs to win
- Oppo F9 Pro launch in India highlights: Oppo F9 priced at Rs 19,990; Oppo F9 Pro at Rs 23,990
- Kerala floods LIVE: All affected tracks restored, says Indian Railway; normal rail traffic to begin from today
Two men, working on contract to clean drains in Kandivali East, died after falling into one, Monday.
The police have identified the deceased as Mehboob Balaswami Kumari (40) and Kari Karnappa Narsimha (30). They had been hired by a private BMC contractor to clean a waterlogged sewage pipeline at Thakur Complex in Kandivali East. Both men lived with their families in the slums of Kandarpada in Dahisar, the police said.
- Uttar Pradesh | Copycat encounters: 21 deaths, 20 similar FIRs, same sequence of events
- Retired armyman’s wallet containing five debit cards stolen, loses Rs 76,000
- Mumbai: 14-year-old jumps to death from 8th floor of high-rise
- Mumbai: 25-year-old falls in Kurla open manhole, dies
- Depths of despair
- Boy killed in Kandivali bus mishap
The men fell into a manhole while attempting to clean it, the police said. The fire brigade was immediately called and the bodies were removed two hours later. The police said that the men were rushed to a hospital, but declared dead upon arrival.
A case of accidental death has been registered at Samta Nagar police station and the police is recording statements of witnesses.
“We are trying to find out how the men fell into the manhole. Once a post-mortem is conducted and we know the cause of death, we will investigate accordingly. It is too early to suspect any negligence in the deaths,” said Dilip Yadav, senior inspector, Samta Nagar police station.