With several areas in the island city still reeling under power failures caused by cable faults due to incessant rains, the Brihanmumbai Electric Supply and Transport (BEST) undertaking hopes to complete all restoration work in the next two days, provided there are no fresh instances of cable failures.
- Puerto Ricans cheer return of electricity but remain wary
- Hurricane Beryl forms in Atlantic, heads for east Caribbean
- Mahadiscom: Short-term power cuts in suburbs may continue for few days more
- Power cuts in suburban Mumbai and satellite cities as transmission grid trips
- Hit by cable failures after heavy rain, BEST struggles to restore electric supply
- BEST electricity consumers face power cuts
As of Tuesday evening, about 1,500 to 2,000 consumers in Mumbai’s island city were still without electricity, with 157 cable faults pending to be repaired, BEST General Manager Jagdish Patil said. “We should be able to attend to all the 157 cable faults in two days if there are no new incidents.”