The Pydhonie police Wednesday registered a case against unidentified persons on the charge of making a threat call to Mohammad Saeed Noori, general secretary of Raza Academy. The caller later messaged Noori, threatening to blow up the Raza Academy office.
Noori said he received the first call on his mobile phone around 6.05 pm on Tuesday. The caller started abusing him and told him to shut Raza Academy or they will blow it up. A few minutes later, Noori received a message on his phone that stated, “Ek ghante mein tumara office rehta hain kya dekho. Raza Academy ki eet se eet baja denge (Your office will not survive an hour. We will destroy Raza Academy office).”
- Jignesh Mevani gets death threat, police lodges FIR
- Union Minister Anantkumar Hegde claims he received death threat
- Delhi: Out of jail, murder convict tried new skill
- Mumbai: Raza Academy reports FB post to police
- Teams formed to nab 2 who desecrated Amar Jawan memorial
- Mumbai violence: Organisers admit remarks against media led to tension
“We then approached the Pydhonie police station where our statement was recorded and an FIR was registered. A police vehicle too has been stationed outside our office in south Mumbai,” Noori said. He added he received a similar call in the night as well.
In 2015, Raza Academy issued a fatwa against acclaimed music composer A R Rahman and Iranian filmmaker Majid Majidi for making a film on Prophet Muhammed on ground that any visual depiction of the prophet was not allowed in Islam.