Commuters of Kanjurmarg station are being greeted with new passenger amenities that include a new platform, foot over bridge, escalator ramps, new booking office and a toilet block. The inauguration of the new services was done by Suresh Prabhu, Minister of Railways, in his camp office at Dadar on Saturday.
- Elphinstone Road stampede: Parel gets 2 more bridges but relief from congestion still remains elusive
- Relax norms regarding widening of bridges: Audit report of suburban railway stations
- Suresh Prabhu launches projects to facilitate Mumbai’s local train commuters
- Elevated rail corridors the way forward, says Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu
- Suresh Prabhu promises new measures to revamp ‘ailing’ Railways
- Foot over-bridge with modern amenities inaugurated at Borivali railway station
The station received an 8-metre wide home platform with shelter for 12 coach length on its western side. A booking office of 5 windows was also inaugurated on the eastern side of the station. The approximate cost of all works at Kanjurmarg Station is Rs.15 crores. Similarly, Prabhu also introduced an upcoming foot over bridge with escalators at Vidya Vihar station through video on Saturday.
WATCH INDIAN EXPRESS VIDEOS HERE
Speaking on introducing further amenities for commuters on sububan railways, Prabhu said, “Though these facilities should have been thought of 25-30 years back, we should work forward now providing more of such facilities to commuters. More of such basic amenities on suburban stations of Central & Western Railways are being upgraded that include Wi-Fi, Water Vending Machines and others.”