A local court on Tuesday remanded in judicial custody till May 18 the eight persons arrested in connection with a complaint of rape and extortion filed by an upcoming model.
The court also rejected police’s application seeking permission to conduct lie-detector and similar tests on the accused.
- Gurgaon: Man accused of raping daughter’s friend at sleepover
- J-K sex scandal: Former BSF DIG among five to get 10 years in jail
- Chandigarh: Minor found 3-month pregnant, accused held
- Cop’s act seems premeditated: Police
- Special court extends interim protection granted to DIG
- Probe begins, DIG accused of rape gets interim relief
Sunil Khatpe (34), Suresh Suryavanshi (36) (both assistance police inspectors), constable Yogesh Konde (36), Javed Ibrahim Sheikh (35), Ibrahim Bismillah Khan (42), Tanveer Hashmi (34), Sanjay Ramaronge (34) and Asha Malviya (24) were arrested last month.
The victim had sent a text message to Police Commissioner Rakesh Maria on April 21, stating that some men including three policemen exploited her sexually.
Following which the case was registered under the sections 376 (rape), 354 (molestation), 384 (extortion) and other relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code. Later the probe was transferred to the crime branch.