A shop in Mumbai’s Mankhurd, near Maya hotel, caught fire on Sunday morning. Sixteen fire tenders, eight water tanks, and one ambulance were rushed to the spot to douse the flames. According to the latest report, the fire has been controlled.
The fire was confined to scrap material in an area about 1000 x 800 sq ft.in around 50-60 galas. There are no reports of deaths or injuries as of now, said Disaster Management Unit, adding that it was a level three fire. According to the report, flames have spread to nearby godowns and items like plastic drums, packing material, electric wiring, wooden furniture and chemical stock fanned the flames.
Assistant Commissioner Ward officer was instructed to demolish the unauthorized structure and was directed to lodge an FIR against the illegal structure and cut of electric supply to DMCR.
This is a developing story. More details are awaited.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines