- Happy Eid al-Adha 2018: Wishes Images, Quotes, Messages, SMS, Greetings, Wallpaper, Photos, Pics
- Asian Games 2018 Live Streaming Day 4 Live Score and Updates: Ankita Raina confirms medal in Women's Singles Tennis; Manu Bhaker in 25m pistol final
- Kerala floods: On foreign aid, India follows policy set in tsunami aftermath
A dumper crashed into a running Thane-bound train near Panvel station on the Harbour Line Thursday afternoon. The incident occurred around 1.10 pm when the train had just left Khandeshwar station on the Trans-Harbour line.
The dumper was working on labelling work between Khandeshwar and Panvel stations when it lost control and hit the walls of the train. No casualties were, however, reported.
Officials from the Government Railway police (GRP) and the Railway Protection Force (RPF) later rushed to the spot. The dumper was removed from the spot by 2 pm.
- Youth snatches mobile phone while performing deadly ‘stunt’ on Mumbai local; detained after video goes viral
- Maratha agitation: Suburban train services hit, BEST buses targeted
- Seven dead, 20 injured as dumper hits bus in Ajmer
- Watch: Quick to react, RPF saves woman from slipping under train in Mumbai
- 9 coaches of Kaifiyat Express derail in Auraiya, over 70 injured
- Dumper collides with train,19 hurt
The driver of the dumper allegedly fled after the incident. Sachin Bhalode, Senior Divisional Security Commissioner, RPF, Central Railway, said parts of the third and fourth coaches of the train got hit by the dumper.
Ten services were cancelled while others remained behind schedule throughout the day. An FIR has been lodged against the dumper driver at the Panvel railway police station.