scorecardresearch
Follow Us:
Monday, November 29, 2021

Mumbai: 9-year-old Andheri boy dies after getting entangled in homemade swing

At the time of incident, his father was out for work and mother was asleep. His siblings were playing in other rooms on first floor and ground floor.

By: Express News Service | Mumbai |
Updated: October 24, 2021 11:30:39 pm
A case of accidental death has been registered and a probe is on to ensure there is no foul play.

A nine-year-old boy from a slum pocket in Andheri (West) in Mumbai died due to asphyxiation after getting entangled in a home-made swing on Saturday evening. A case of accidental death has been registered and probe is on to ensure there is no foul play.

The incident took place at around 5 pm in Gaondevi Dongar on Cama Road. The boy, Ismail Aagha, stayed in a one plus two storied structure in a joint family. Ismail’s family comprising his parents and three siblings stayed on the top floor.

At the time of incident, his father was out for work and mother was asleep. His siblings were playing in other rooms on first floor and ground floor.

The Aagha family have made a partition in their room to divide it into hall and bedroom. While the boy was playing on the swing made of a string in the hall, his mother was asleep in the other side of the room.

The boy’s sister came upstairs and saw him entangled in the swing and woke up his mother. He was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was declared dead on arrival. An accidental death report has been registered.

📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines

For all the latest Mumbai News, download Indian Express App.

  • Newsguard
  • The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.
  • Newsguard
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement