The Mumbai police Friday arrested a man who allegedly sexually assaulted a girl and tried to kill her in a hotel in south Mumbai. The police tracked down Kunal Desai to a hotel in Baroda.
The incident took place on April 19 when Desai strangulated the victim, a college girl, at Hotel Krishna Palace, Grant Road, Mumbai. He had deceitfully called the girl to the hotel and when she realised she has been deceived, she tried to leave. The accused assaulted her and tried to kill her, an officer said.
- Meerut: Woman’s body found two days after crime, man held for rape and murder, say cops
- Ludhiana: Seven-year-old girl dies after rape attempt by mother’s paramour
- Mumbai: Two held for rape of missing minor
- Thief who took flights, stayed in five-star hotels, rented high-end cars held
- Mumbai: Two get 7-yr jail for rape attempt on Dutch teen
- Mumbai police: TV show contestant arrested for raping 17-year-old
The accused left the girl in an unconscious state and fled. He had switched off his mobile phone since then. He was found staying at Hotel Surya in Baroda city.
“A team led by PSI Balaji Kamble and staff arrest him. The staff had kept a watch in the area, and the accused was traced near a coffee shop close to the hotel,” said DCP Dhananjay Kulkarni.
The police said the accused and victim were good friends at one point of time. However, there was a fight between them that soured the relationship.
This was one of the reasons the accused attacked her, an officer said.