Premium
This is an archive article published on November 6, 2023

Maratha quota: Jarange Patil to start state-wide tour within a week

The state government, during its discussion with Patil, had asked for time till January 2.

jarange patil, Jarange Patil state-wide tour, maratha quota, maratha quota protest, maratha quota violence, maratha quota fast, jarange patil withdraws fast news, indian expressManoj Jarange Patil at the protest site (ANI/File)
Listen to this article
Maratha quota: Jarange Patil to start state-wide tour within a week
x
00:00
1x 1.5x 1.8x

Maratha activist Manoj Jarange Patil has announced that he will embark on a state-wide tour within a week’s time and will end the same by December 24, the deadline that he has set for the government to provide Kunbi caste certificates to all Marathas.

Jarange Patil had called off his nine-day fast on November 2 following a discussion with a government delegation stating that all Marathas be provided Kunbi caste certificates by December 24. The state government, during its discussion with Patil, had asked for time till January 2.

“A series of hunger strikes will be organised in every village from December 1. It has been decided to conduct a peaceful fast in every village of the state. We have given time till December 24 to the government. Along with this, the tour across the state will also be announced in the next day or two. During this tour, we will go to the remaining areas and meet the people of Maratha community,”Jarange Patil said.

He also said the government representatives have told him that the government delegation will meet him.

The government’s delegation will hand over the draft of the timeline and the steps taken by the government to give reservation in the next two months.

After breaking his hunger strike following the meeting with the government delegation at Antarwali Saarathi village in Ambad tehsil in Jalna district on Thursday evening, Pati was shifted to a hospital in Chhatrapati Sambhaji Nagar for treatment and medical check-up.

Earlier on Friday, the state government had issued a Government Resolution expanding the jurisdiction of the Justice Sandeep Shinde committee across the state to examine the old records and give Kunbi certificates to those Marathas who have the Nizam era (prior to 1967) government documents that mentions them as Kunbi Maratha or Maratha Kunbi. Earlier, the Justice Shinde committee’s jurisdiction to screen and give Kunbi certificates to Marathas was limited to the Marathwada region of Maharashtra.

Story continues below this ad

The CM has directed to start a separate cell in every district for checking Kunbi Maratha, Maratha Kunbi certificates. Work on this has also started in many districts.

Stay updated with the latest - Click here to follow us on Instagram

Latest Comment
Post Comment
Read Comments
Advertisement
Loading Taboola...
Advertisement