State Information Commissioner (SIC) Aurangabad bench DB Deshpande has tendered his resignation from the post on Tuesday to the Governor C Vidyasagar Rao.
Sources in the Governor’s secretariat confirmed the resignation has been accepted by the Governor. Deshpande was named in the FIR filed by the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) in the multi-crore rupees land scam involving former PWD minister Chhagan Bhujbal.
- Kejriwal’s kin Vinay Bansal arrested in PWD scam
- Maharashtra ACB finds ‘nothing concrete’ against Eknath Khadse in land case
- Chargesheet filed against Chhagan Bhujbal in Mumbai University library case
- Maharashtra sadan case: ACB teams search houses of 7 accused, unearths ‘disproportionate assets’
- ACB books Bhujbal, five others for misconduct in construction of Kalina central library
- Maharashtra Sadan scam: HC junks review petition filed by Chhagan Bhujbal son
Deshpande who was a high ranking official of the Ministry of Public Works was appointed as the SIC in 2010.
Earlier this week, ACB had filed an FIR in the alleged scams involving Bhujbal and others. The scam involved the alleged favour shown to a particular contractor while issuing contracts for the RTO in Mumbai and the Maharashtra Sadan in New Delhi. Following the FIR, the ACB had raided properties of the accused including Deshpande recovering documents and other valuables.
Earlier last week, Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis had initiated the process of suspending Deshpande.