A local court on Wednesday remanded Mansoor Ali alias Atiq, the alleged supplier of illicit liquor which claimed lives of 102 persons in suburban Malvani last week, in police custody till July 3.
Atiq was arrested on Tuesday from Seelampur in Delhi.
“He has been remanded in police custody till July 3,” said public prosecutor Kiran Bendbar.
- Hawala operator held in Mumbai, linked to Dawood Ibrahim
- Amit Lakhanpal’s accountant arrested
- TOI cheating case: Five accused remanded in 4-day police custody in Mumbai
- Malwani hooch tragedy: Ethanol diluted with water was regularly served reveals probe
- Malwani hooch tragedy: Brew was pure methanol diluted with water, say cops
- Another arrest in hooch case
The crime branch of Mumbai police told the court that it wanted his custody to find out various details such as since how long he had been in this business.
“We want to know whether he buys or manufactures the liquor. We have got information that Ali has an interstate gang and we need to investigate that,” said a crime branch
The police also said that Ali sourced the raw materials from Gujarat and Rajasthan.
“He will be interrogated regarding whether he still has the stock of the hooch supplied in Malvani. We also want to know if he has sold the liquor to anybody else,” said the
So far, eight persons have been arrested in the case.