The NAGPADA police on Friday tracked down the man seen in a CCTV footage that captured the freak accident in which two persons, a 14-year-old boy and his driver, died after their sedan fell into the car parking shaft of a Madanpura highrise on Wednesday evening.
The police have been probing why it took nearly six hours for the car to be discovered after the accident. Hence, they were looking for the man who was the only person seen in the CCTV footage near the shaft when the vehicle fell off.
- Viral video: Boy walks away with minor injuries after being run over; woman arrested, gets bail
- Video: Child miraculously survives after getting run over by car in Mumbai
- Missing HDFC top executive: Mumbai Police find knife in car, blood stains in office parking lot
- A year since Nagpada teenager died after falling in elevator shaft, police yet to probe negligence
- Mumbai car lift shaft accident: Last exam over, teen called dad to celebrate, found dead hours later
- Mumbai: Teen, driver die as car falls off building’s lift shaft
Senior Inspector of Nagpada police station Shivaji Kadam said, “The person seen in the CCTV footage is a carpenter who was working at one of the houses in the building. We have sent summons to his house in Govandi and will record his statement about why he did not inform anyone about the vehicle falling.” The officer added that it seems from the footage that while the person heard the sound of the vehicle falling in the shaft, he peeped in but could not see anything.
Meanwhile, officers said there will be no further probe into the case registered against 14-year-old Hafeez Patel and the driver Javed Ahmed, since the ‘accused’ are dead. An abated summary report will be filed as per procedure for cases where the accused persons are dead.