BJP Mumbai Yuva Morcha president Ganesh Pandey has been expelled from the party and the entire unit dissolved after a woman member accused him of molestation.
In a written complaint to BJP Mumbai president Ashish Shelar, the woman alleged Pandey forcibly held her hand, made lewd remarks and asked obscene questions to her in front of other male members.
The alleged incident took place at Mathura on March 4 where the organisation had convened a three-day executive meeting. The victim claimed Pandey summoned her to his hotel room and asked her some obscene questions, apart from passed lewd remarks. He also held her hand forcibly to stop her when she tried to leave the place, she alleged.
- Accused of rape, Gujarat BJP deputy chief resigns
- Bollywood singer Jubin Nautiyal accused of molesting woman, thrashing her friend
- BJP Foundation Day: Bike rally to welcome Amit Shah brings traffic to a halt
- Molestation case against BJP leader in Madhya Pradesh
- NCP targets Maha CM over delay in former BJYM chief’s arrest
- Women’s panel to probe molestation charges against former Mumbai chief of BJYM
After receiving the complaint, Shelar, along with organisational mantri Sunil Karjatkar, decided to expel Pandey from the party and also dissolve the Yuva Morcha.
The woman has not lodged a police complaint. Shelar said, “Such cases cannot be tolerated and we have taken the strictest action by dismissing Pandey from the primary membership of the party.”
Pandey has alleged a political conspiracy behind the complaint and wondered why it took the woman so many days to report the incident. He said he expected fair trial from the party.