Five doctors from Pimpalgaon Baswant town in Nashik district lost their lives while another was seriously injured after the car they were travelling in hit an unidentified heavy vehicle from behind on the Mumbai-Agra highway in the early hours of Monday.
Nashik Rural police said the incident took place around 2.30 am when the doctors were returning to Pimpalgaon Baswant in a multi-utility vehicle (MUV) after attending a medical practitioners’ meet in Nashik city.
The police have identified the deceased doctors as Dr Pratap Shelke (48), Dr Suresh Patil (40), both gynecologists, Dr Sanjay Tiwari (55), a cardiologist, Dr Chandrashekhar Gangurde (55) and Kundan Jadhav (45), both pediatricians. The injured person has been identified as Dr Amol Bhosle. The accident took place near Kokangaon village in Ozar taluka.
- Harley Davidson rider falls in Yamuna after being hit by car on DND flyway, missing
- Gurgaon: Two killed in collision at Golf Course Road underpass, woman pilot critical
- Gurgaon: Day after 2 charred to death in cab, police arrest driver of truck that crashed into it
- Mumbai-Nashik highway: Three dead after bus rams into car
- Three AIIMS doctors killed in accident on Yamuna E-way on way to Agra
- Road accidents claim three lives in city
Inspector Prakash Medhe, in charge of Ozar police station and the investigating officer in the case, said, “As per our primary investigation, the car in which these doctors were travelling rammed into a heavy vehicle from behind. There is a speed-breaker at the accident spot. Based on the location of the speed-breaker and the tyre marks, it seems the heavy vehicle suddenly applied brakes and driver of this car could not control the speed. The car was very badly damaged.”
“The five doctors had sustained very severe injuries, they died on the spot,” Inspector Medhe added.
The police said the bodies were handed over to the family members after post-mortem. All five doctors were well known in Pimpalgaon Baswant town.