Four persons of a family suffered burns on Wednesday after a fire broke in their Gilbert Hill area house in Andheri (W). Mohammad Yusuf Shaikh,47,and his three children Azim,10,Ali,7,Saba,5 were injured in the fire,suspected to have been caused by a kitchen stove.
The police were informed by their neighbours. Officers from D N Nagar police said they have not been able to take statements of any of the family members till late in the night. The injured,reportedly critical,have been admitted to Cooper Hospital. Police said it was too early to say whether the incident was an accident.