A 33-year-old man was arrested last week for allegedly blackmailing and sodomising a 15-year-old boy he met online. The accused had threatened to put nude pictures of the minor online if he did not agree to have sex with him.
The accused, Milind Shetye, who is unemployed, was held from his home in Samta Nagar after the minor registered a complaint with the
police. Shetye, the police said, had befriended the school-going boy on Facebook three months ago.
Shetye had first sent a friend request to the minor, which he accepted. A few weeks later, however, Shetye allegedly sent a nude picture of himself to the minor. “He then asked the minor to send a nude picture of himself. The minor did so,” said Dilip Yadav, Senior Inspector, Samta Nagar police station.
- Bihar: Minor boy sent to jail for three months for ‘refusing free vegetables to policemen’, Nitish Kumar orders probe
- Muzaffarnagar: 22-year-old arrested for sodomising minor boy
- Jammu: Teacher held for ‘raping, blackmailing’ woman
- Delhi: Man held for rape after wife files complaint
- Woman gets Facebook friend arrested after he ‘threatens to post semi-nude pictures’
- 27-year-old arrested for ‘sodomising’ schoolchildren: Mumbai Police
In June, however, Shetye allegedly set up a profile on Facebook using the minor’s name and the nude picture. The police said when the minor came to know about it, he confronted Shetye.
“The accused threatened to make the picture public and ordered the minor to have sex with him,” Yadav said.
He added that two weeks ago, Shetye asked the minor to meet him on the roof of his building in Kandivali and sodomised him there.
“After returning home that day, the minor did not immediately inform his parents. But he had been experiencing physical discomfort for several days after the rape and on July 10 told his mother about it. We immediately registered the complaint and arrested Shetye,” Yadav said.
Shetye has been charged with unnatural sex under the Indian Penal Code and sections of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act and remanded to police custody.