scorecardresearch
Follow Us:
Saturday, December 04, 2021

26 fall ill after consuming milk-flavoured drink

Twenty-six people were taken ill on Friday night near Khoja Galli in Versova village after they consumed milk-flavoured sharbat during Moharram celebrations.

Written by Express News Service | Mumbai |
January 11, 2009 12:45:43 am

Twenty-six people were taken ill on Friday night near Khoja Galli in Versova village after they consumed milk-flavoured sharbat during Moharram celebrations. All the 26 locals,nine of them children,were taken to Kalsekar Hospital in Versova as they started vomiting after consuming the drink.

The doctors at the hospital said that while six of them were discharged soon after basic medication,the rest are receiving saline treatment. No one is in any kind of serious danger,they added.

Meanwhile,ACP (DN Nagar Division) Dilip Suryavanshi said,“The residents had gathered small amounts of milk from every household in the locality and had prepared the milk-flavoured sharbat in a huge cauldron for distributing it for Moharram celebration. However,before consuming the sharbat,they had eaten mutton dishes for dinner which probably led to vomiting.”

Suryavanshi,however,confirmed that there is no suspicion of food poisoning due to quality of the milk used in the drink.

📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines

For all the latest Mumbai News, download Indian Express App.

  • Newsguard
  • The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.
  • Newsguard
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement