Two women who were seen in a video, creating ruckus inside a police station and using abusive language against police officers while registering an eve-teasing complaint, have been booked by the D N Nagar police.
The 2-minute-51-second video went viral on social media platforms over the past couple of days.
According to S R Dhanedhar, assistant commissioner of police (D N Nagar division), the two women who are models alleged they were eve-teased near an ATM on the Juhu-Versova Link Road where they had stopped to withdraw cash. They added that a white-coloured sedan carrying four persons had parked on the road and the men in the vehicle had passed lewd remarks. The women raised an alarm, catching the attention of a police patrolling vehicle.
- Koregaon Bhima violence: Police release images of four suspects in murder case
- Two held, three minors detained for theft
- Aurangabad riots: Sena corporator arrested, AIMIM leader detained
- A tale of two thanas: Maakhi, Unnao and Hiranagar, Kathua
- Mumbai: Bike thief jumps into sea to flee constables, caught by fishermen who chase him on boat
- Models booked for creating ruckus and assaulting police officer, drama caught video that goes viral
The vehicle brought the models as well as the suspects to the police station.
Dhanedhar said that the video showed the models accusing the officers of letting go of the culprits. The two women claimed that the police had brought the wrong suspects to shield the accused.
“We have primarily charged them for assaulting a lady officer. Fortunately, the lady officer was not seriously injured. We have not made any arrests in either of the cases and are still investigating,” said Dhanedhar.
The D N Nagar police on May 22 registered a case under section 509 (word, act or gesture outraging the modesty of a woman) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) against three suspects. Meanwhile, Dhanedar said that the two women were charged under sections 353 (assault or criminal force to deter public servant) and 323 (voluntarily causing hurt) of the IPC.