The police on Saturday claimed to have solved the murder case of Satnam Singh, 42, of Mangli Tanda village. His body was found from the playground of government school on March 22.
Police said that the two cousin brothers of the deceased have confessed to the crime. The accused have been identified as Narinder Singh and his cousin brother Jaswinder Singh, both in their mid thirties.
- Fugitive gangster Dilpreet Singh, who shot at singer, arrested
- Five members of Bishnoi-Nehra gang still at large, police hot on their heels
- Faridabad: Woman, two others arrested for murdering her husband and father-in-law
- Ambala: Man arrested for killing mother and wife of employer
- Chandigarh: Two get life term for student’s murder
- In shadow of Kathua rape-murder, a killing threatens a village’s peace
Sub-Inspector Rajwant Singh of Meharbaan police station said that they arrested the accused from a fuel filling station near the village following a tip-off. Narinder Singh told the police that on the night of March 21, the three were drinking together at the school playground.
Meanwhile, Satnam passed some comments on his father and to take revenge, they killed him. Narinder Singh further told police that he and Jaswinder thrashed Satnam and later killed him with a stone and fled the spot.
After that, they moved to Delhi and returned to Ludhiana after five days.
Police had registered a case of murder against unidentified accused following the statement of Balbir Singh, brother of the deceased.
Police produced the accused before the court on Saturday and the court has remanded them in two-day police custody.