Two unidentified persons opened fire outside RSS Shakha in Kidwai Nagar, Ludhiana on Monday at around 6.30 am. The police said that two persons on a motorcycle fired a single shot in the air. No one was reported to be injured.
Deputy commissioner of police Narinder Bhargav said that two unidentified persons came outside the Shaheedi Park, Kidwai Nagar where the morning assembly at the shaka was about to begin.
- Shiv Sena leader murdered: ‘Despite attempt on life, Sawant refused to extend police protection’
- NIA arrests man from Uttar Pradesh in RSS leader killing case
- NIA-UP Police team under fire in Ghaziabad, one cop injured
- RSS leader Ravinder Gosain murder case transferred to NIA
- RSS leader Ravinder Gosain shot by bike-borne gunmen in Ludhiana
- Day after clash, protesters and RSS activists file counter complaints at Dharavi police station
One person went inside, accosted a participant and fired a single shot. One cartridge case of 0.32 bore pistol has been recovered from the spot.
An FIR was registered under sections 307/336 IPC and 25/27 Arms Act at a local police station.
Bhargav added that investigation has been fast tracked and adequate security has been deployed outside the shakha as a precautionary measure.