Taking stock of the protests by Dalits outside the Sangrur DC office, Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal has invited members of Dalit groups for a meeting on July 21 at Barnala’s Mehal Kalan where he is conducting his sangat darshan programme.
DC Sangrur Aarshdeep Singh Thind Wednesday invited a delegation at his office and conveyed them of the meeting with the Chief Minister.
- Modi to address ‘Kisan Kalyan’ rally in Punjab on July 11, ally SAD to ‘thank’ PM for MSP hike
- Jalandhar demolition drive: It’s Pargat Singh vs Congress, again
- Amit Shah meets SAD brass: ‘There’s no conflict between us,’ says Sukhbir Singh Badal
- ‘Distance’ shrinks between Jats, Dalits as they pitch tents against Manohar Lal Khattar govt
- Guess who’s coming to dinner
- Chandigarh: Police use canes, water cannons to disperse SAD march, ally BJP’s Sampla injured
This will be the first time that the Chief Minister will be meeting the representatives of Dalit associations even though the protests have been going on for a month.
Earlier in the day, Zamin Prapati Sangrash Committee(ZPSC), Pendu Khet Mazdoor Union, Kirti Kisan Union and few others were seen sharing a common platform seeking less rates for the agricultural land reserved for Dalits in every village panchayat.
“We want the land to be permanently given to the Dalit families at a lease rate similar to what they are giving it to goushalas in every village panchayat. One tenth of land is reserved for Dalits and it should be auctioned honestly, “said Mukesh Malaud, president of ZPSC.